CUJO Smart Firewall: Protect Your Home Network with Business-Level Security
Custom Search

CUJO Smart Firewall: Protect Your Home Network with Business-Level Security

Internet is such a wonderful invention that many of us can hardly live without it. From shopping and entertaining to learning and job hunting, there are so many things that we can accomplish online in the comfort of our homes. But staying connected via the Internet could make yourself more vulnerable to hackers, viruses, malwares, and other dangerous intrusions, especially when your network connection is left unprotected. The recent Equifax data breach urges us to be more proactive about Internet security. One of the actions you can take is to install an effective firewall like CUJO.

CUJO is a smart firewall for the connected home, designed to bring business-level security to the home network. Using machine learning, CUJO safeguards ALL smart devices connected to your wireless router against web threats. It detects and blocks malicious sites, viruses, and hacks, working like an antivirus software for your entire network.

I was very excited when Best Buy sent me a CUJO for review. My home is full of smart devices with WiFi capability, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, TV, thermostat and security cameras. I was seriously in need of help in the online safety department when CUJO arrived in this cute little box. Before starting to use the device, I was already impressed by its compact size and sleek design. It's lightweight too, easy to handle with one hand. My CUJO box comes with a 3-feet Ethernet cable, an AC Power adapter, a sticker, and best of all, FREE lifetime subscription with automatic software updates. Unlike any antivirus software I've purchased before, there is no need to pay any additional fees to keep my firewall protection up to date.

My kids think CUJO is super cool because it has a face with light-up eyes indicating its working status. When it's not properly connected, it will have an unhappy or warning face as shown in the picture above. The face will turn to a smiley one when things are all set. Both the upward and downward curves will be present when CUJO is working hard to get things right.

It was amazingly easy to set things up with CUJO. It took me less than 5 minutes to get the device up and running. Just plug in the adapter and cable, install the CUJO app on my phone and follow the prompts to complete installation and registration. As our router requires some special adjustment during installation, I received a call from a CUJO customer service representative guiding me through the process. This was the first time ever that tech support was being offered without me having to ask for it. Very impressive indeed!

From my past experience, antivirus software tends to slow down my computer and Internet connection. But this is not the case with CUJO. I've felt no change in speed at all after installing CUJO, which is built with dual core 1GHz processor, 4GB flash memory and 1GB DDR SRAM memory.
My favorite CUJO feature of all is its powerful parental controls. As a parent, I'm highly concerned about keeping my children safe online while letting them make good use of all the useful resources over the Internet. CUJO allows me to control exactly what my kids access online and for how long. I love that I can not only set up filters to ensure they visit only sites that I approve, but can also set time limits to their use of the Internet. I can remotely monitor their online activity and decide when to pause their connection. This helps save my time and allows me to protect my children without having to sit next to them like a vigilant watchdog.

Here's a recap of CUJO's main features:
  • Business-level Internet security
  • Guards all devices
  • Parental controls
  • Connect to router, control with app
  • Blazing fast (built with 1GB Ethernet)

CUJO is available for purchase at Best Buy for $249. It's a worthy one-time investment considering all the risks and costs it could save you from becoming a victim of online identity theft and other malicious attacks.

Disclosure: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.

1 Treasure Hunters :

Jessie said...

I just love that it protects all devices!

 
discussion by